Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thing #2

WOW! Students are digital learners. The education system needs to keep up and learn from them! Students are so engaged with technology. I have seen many students engaged in math using the Promethean Slates. It is amazing! Teachers are more excited to teach and students are more excited to learn. I really think that we can incorporate more technology into our lessons to make them powerful and engaging for the digital learner. Using Excel and interactive websites is just the beginning... I have signed up for this class so that I can experience 23 things that I may be able to apply to my situation. I am excited to learn and I am willing and able to try to experience a day in the life of a digital learner. That article about a day in the life of a digital learner was fantastic -- what a dream school day! Digital experiences at every turn ... that is the ultimate. We may need to take baby steps in that direction, but we will get there!

2 comments:

  1. I love your positive, enthusiastic attitude. I was thinking how nice it would be to have all the access to technology that was in the article and was feeling slightly negative that my school wasn't there yet. Your comment about baby steps made so much sense. If I had everything I needed at my access right now it would be wasted because I'm not ready yet. Stay positive! I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you both! Oh my goodness! That school was the "dream school", wasn't it? Can we ever get there? I have some of the same concerns as camarokat, especially with budget cuts! Times are difficult and when you look at the magnitude of what NEEDS to happen in order to link into our students and the things that motivate them, it seems next to impossible... though I know it's not! Until next time...

    ReplyDelete