Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing #6

Now that I have Google Reader, I have saved so much time looking at various websites for information -- now it comes to me! That is amazing!

I was checking out my RSS feed on the blog, 'Free Technology for Teachers' and I found a great interactive website on wind turbines. Students can learn about the alternative form of energy and create their own wind turbine. Talk about project-based learning! I can see kids really getting excited about this one! I have really enjoyed looking at the postings of this blog. I love free resources! (That was one of my goals for this class -- to learn about free resources!) What great ideas, templates, projects, and lessons that are already created! Great stuff! This project also gets the kids passionate about the environment too -- it is never too early to get that message ...

I also subscribe to 'TeachPaperless', and found an interesting post about why a teacher wants her students to blog. In a semester-long course, students are expected to post about what they are learning, comment on posed questions, and respond to each other. The teacher found that 80% of the students posted MORE than expected. WOW! That really does show that the students are engaged and excited about their learning. They are going above and beyond to really get their ideas flowing. They have owned their learning. Isn't that the goal?? That is wonderful! Keep blogging and keep learning!

Checking my RSS feeds on the Google Reader each day will be informative and addictive! I will want to check it every evening. I am learning quite a bit and enjoying the online class -- Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment