Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #23


Visit 23 Thingsters

I enjoyed my visit to the 23Thingsters Ning! I commented on a couple of members' posts and I also added a badge to my blog. Very cool! =)

Social networking is inevitable. I may as well embrace it! =) I found it so useful! After visiting Classroom 2.0, I can see the benefit in its use. Before, I just thought it was about social things - now I have discovered that it can be about work too! Hey -- I like to work, what can I say?! I love what I do and do what I love!

I think that teachers can really improve their practice here at a site like Classroom 2.0. I saw some very interesting questions and discussions going on. I wanted to jump right in! It is a great place to collaborate and see what other teachers are doing out there. That was neat. I searched by subject and found Math teachers getting feedback and answers to questions. Some very good discussions about problem solving -- very good!

I can really see a classroom Ning happening. Students could discuss what they learned in class that day, share notes, explain problem solutions, etc. They could even ask each other questions about upcoming topics or a tricky homework problem. I could also see a Math Teacher Ning happening. What a great place to ask questions, share strategies, and discover new resources. I think that it could have many positive impacts.

I could also see a Ning or other networking venue for a family that is scattered across the U.S. What a great place to upload pictures, share video clips, and ask how the graduation went, share what games were played at the baby shower, etc. What a neat way to stay in touch.

WOW! Another FREE resource! I think this networking thing may have some educational capabilities after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment