Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #10

Creative Commons is a great way to share and use copyrighted work with 'some rights reserved'. I am glad that many artists, musicians, photographers, playwrights, and authors have agreed for others to use their work with 'some rights reserved'. What a great place for students and teachers to find images, quotes, music, etc. for their digital media! I really enjoyed watching the videos provided for Thing #10. It was funny when the lady in the video mentioned about a teacher who found out from another teacher from a friend's email that someone said in a training that .... how true! That is usually how we find out about things in the education world! I had not seen the CC logo before on websites that I visit -- but I will certainly look for those details now. I think this could really open up the world of digital content for students. They can use these works to be creative and expand and make a masterpiece of their own to share with others to expand and make a new masterpiece. This is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment