Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Last Thing

I have enjoyed the 23 Things course! Thank you so much!

One of my biggest goals was to gain FREE teacher resources -- I definitely did that! I can't believe how many there are! Just Google Tools alone will take more days to discover and experience. I am just so proud of myself for completing the course and for learning so many new tools. I never thought that I would blog and have a wiki! I did that and then some!

I learned a lot of new things to help me personally and professionally. Flickr and Creative Commons were extra special and filled with possibilities. What a neat way to share photos and keep them safe and share them!

My favorite and fun thing were the image generators. How neat are those!? You could probably try a new one every day of the year! The possibilities are endless! I also enjoyed exploring Wordle, and Quizlet, and similar tools. There are lots of FREE resources for teachers and students to use!

VoiceThread and YouTube and TeacherTube were great tools to explore. I think that using videos to explain concepts and have students create videos to explain and upload would be great. When students teach, then they learn better! What a great way to integrate technology and engage students! That is the goal!

I would definitely want to participate in another class like this. It was self-paced and reasonable. I was a part of a group, and I am proud to say that I finished!

I want to continue to check my Google Reader for new articles and ideas on the blogs that I am subscribed to. I think that will help me keep up with our digital learners. I can also talk to my colleagues about various tools that they are using and loving!

Where do I go from here? I would like to create a new blog or wiki for my Math Teachers. I think it would be neat to have a place where we can discuss and see new strategies and ideas. If we had a blog, I could post videos, podcasts, or VoiceThreads of strategies in action. We could also comment on the great lessons in the curriculum and what needs to be improved. I could even incorporate Google Forms to find out information about the teachers at the beginning of the year. The possibilities are endless! I also love the format of this class -- perhaps there is a Middle School Math Online Professional Development in the future?? We will see! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment