Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #15

I have officially signed up for a Delicious account! I could not figure out how to use my gmail account, so I created a Yahoo account to complete this assignment. Check out my bookmarks at
http://delicious.com/martinmath831. It was so easy to do! Once I created an account and downloaded the add-on, I searched for interactive math websites to share with teachers. I picked some of my favorites and tagged them accordingly. How fun!

Sometimes I could not think of very many words to describe or 'tag' the website. With practice, I got better and better! I could certainly use this in my current position -- sharing websites with teachers that they can use to engage students before or during a lesson. Students can really see math in action by using interactive math websites. I can share the ones that I find and teachers can share other bookmarks with me, using Delicious. How neat!

Also -- I can access these bookmarks from any computer with internet access. Talk about user-friendly! I like how I just pushed the 'tag' button and it automatically allowed me to tag it, add a description, and save. Sharing websites with teachers will be a LOT easier! Instead of using email to share resources, I can send an email sharing this Delicious account with websites ready for teachers to use. I can update this Delicious account with new tags and teachers can access it at any time -- How Great!

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely a great benefit to access your sites on any computer! And, I completely see where you would be able to use this "thing" in your new position. What a great way to share with the teachers.

    ReplyDelete