Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #18

You Tube and Teacher Tube have great resources for teachers. I was able to find many resources and did lose track of time ... =) It was worth it, though. I was thinking about uploading videos of showing students and teachers how to use various math manipulatives while teaching concepts. Many people have already starting doing this -- I think it is fantastic! I can utilize videos already created and add some too!

I found a video of an 8-year old modeling Hands on Equations. First of all, he is adorable and very smart! Second of all, it is a great teaching tool. It can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBf25kNs0tA



He did a great job showing the audience how to solve for 'x'. He even checks his work -- fabulous! I think math sounds so much better when it comes from kids -- don't you?

I also found a video on TeacherTube that is about Integers Claymation. It is too cute! It shows the integer rules using claymation. I can see a group of students creating a similar video -- imagine how much these students are remembering their integer rules!

I have two dogs of my own, so I searched for a dog doing tricks. This was a fun video with a dog doing an amazing trick. How cute! He was so patient as he waited to eat the treat.

As a floral designer, I can appreciate a 'how-to' video on making arrangements and bouquets. A 'how-to' video on How to Make a Bouquet for the Bride was very informative. I have made MANY of these! =) She did a great job in her descriptions. I would like to see her 'french-knot' that bouquet ribbon -- that would have been beautiful!

Teacher Tube and You Tube offer many videos that could be beneficial in the classroom and educational setting. I could even see creating some to upload about modeling base-ten blocks, pentominoes, linking cubes, two-color counters, pattern blocks, etc. The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. Love the videos you found. The use of the videos are so easy and could really enhance a lesson.

    ReplyDelete