Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #21

WOW! There are so many Google Tools -- probably my favorite part so far. It is amazing what it all has to offer.

Google Sketch up is a great feature -- I can really see students using this tool in Math class. They could make a prism with specific dimensions and really see it in action and they could also change the dimensions as they go. Very neat feature! They could also create a model of the figure and then find the solution if the actual object was __ feet long. Using proportions in real life!

Google Earth is also great for measurement. Students can use scale and distances in Math class. They could locate the pyramids in Eqypt, and find the perimeter of the base and the surface area too. They could also determine the distance between two cities and predict/estimate the number of miles between two other cities. I see a future project coming on!

Google Calendar is a great tool. I find myself so busy -- no one can keep up with me. The Google Calendar would be a great way to do that! Teachers can see when I am coming to their schools, when I am in meetings, classes, etc. How great! My family can also keep track of me too! Here is a sample of my calendar.

We have already had the pleasure of experiencing You Tube and Blogger, which are also tools listed. Google Tools has a LOT to offer! I could spend hours experimenting and see what all it can do!

I thought that the Books feature was neat to search for full texts ... interesting! Also the Picasa could be another way to save and share photos -- kind of like Flickr. I have a digital camera -- I just need to carry it with me more often to take pictures and then share those images!

I enjoyed looking at the many Google Tools. I need to explore more and see what else is out there! Thanks for another FREE teacher resource!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment