Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing #13

Image Generators are very neat and allow for customization and interest in your blog.

I created a trading card to illustrate another way to incorporate math vocabulary instruction. I used the Trading Card Maker to do this one. I used a photo from my own picture collection from my trip to the Dallas World Aquarium. I uploaded the picture, chose the color of the card, and then typed my title, subtitle, and description. Then I saved the image to my computer. It was easy and fun to do! What a great way for students to keep track of their math vocabulary through trading cards! They can find pictures that they took, or on Flickr Creative Commons to create trading cards using vocabulary terms. Having a visual really helps students remember the math term.
I also created an online image generator using the Happy Face Generator. This one is just for fun! It was easy to do -- I chose the comic-styled smiley face toons, and picked the smiley at the beach. Then I typed my text and saved the image to my computer. How neat!


Check out the mosaic I created from photos I took at the Dallas World Aquarium last year. I used the Mosaic Maker to create a 2x2 grid, chose the color of background, and uploaded my photos. It looks great! We could really utilize this in education for students to display their work in new ways. It was fun, easy to do, and it a great visual to capture attention!

1 comment: