Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #16

Library Thing is a neat website allowing you to catalog and tag your favorite books. I can see where this could be very useful. I searched the tag 'geometry' and found all of my favorite geometry books -- "Flatland", "Sir Cumference and the First Round Table", "The Greedy Triangle" and many more. I could use this to list my favorite books for other teachers to use. For example, if a teacher is about to teach radius, diameter, and circumference, they could take a look at Library Thing to search a 'tag' and find a book to help teach that concept. How neat! It also has many social aspects too -- discussions about books, recommendations, sharing book lists, etc. Personally, I could use this site to get new recommendations based on authors and genres that I already love. This is a great way to share some of your favorites and learn about some possible new favorites too!

No comments:

Post a Comment