Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #19

Voicethread is a very useful tool. I searched various postings and found quite a few that I found beneficial. I searched 'integers' and found a Voicethread using a number line and one using manipulatives. This concept is developed in 7th grade math, so these would be great to show students in class. What would be even more powerful -- the students create their own Voicethread about a certain topic and upload it. They can share these with each other! What a great way to study and review topics! When a student teaches a concept, they will learn it even better themselves! What a great tool! WOW! Another free technology resource!

I found a Voicethread of someone describing how to add integers using a number line. This would be great to use with students! That way, they see the number line in action!
http://voicethread.com/share/99851/


I found another Voicethread of a student describing how to add and subtract integers using the two-color tiles. I think this would be very useful to use with students. Some students struggle with the use of manipulatives. This Voicethread could really help! I think students would get the most out of this one if they had the two-color tiles to use on their desks too.
http://voicethread.com/share/156253/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I just realized that we are doing 23 Things together. I'm Amianne--Audrey's "Mrs. Bailey." I love that girl to pieces! I hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Bailey! I am so glad that Audrey has you! She really loves you to pieces too. She is a special young lady and I am so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete